Bug: switching to Outline and back to Map

(John Miller) #1
  1. create a new file
  2. create a few notes & a link from one to another
  3. switch into Outline or Chart view
  4. switch back to Map view. Only one note and a link are drawn (not even the other end of the link!)

imageimage

(eastgate) #2

What version of Tinderbox are you using?

(Bug reports ideally go by email to bernstein@eastgate.com)

(James Fallows) #3

FWIW, I don’t have that problem, when I follow these same steps:

• Create new file
  • Create several new notes, in map view
  • Create links among them
  • Switch to outline view and others, and then back to map view

This video will show you what happens for me, with a new file. It works as intended – links survive. This is with current 7.5.5 version of TB.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3fvs4cqmg41if6/LinkMap.mov?dl=0

And here is what my new file looks like, after I have switched back and forth among different views many times (as shown in the video):

(alj ) #4

For what it’s worth, I have the very same problem as the original poster has. I’m using the evaluation TB 7.5.4… sometimes when I switch from Map to Outline (in the same tab), and then back to Map, there are missing notes and errant links. Panning the map, or selecting a note seems to force a redraw of the Map and then everything shows correctly.

(Paul Walters) #5

7.5.5 is the current release. You might want to evaluate that?

(alj ) #6

Right, @PaulWalters TBX 7.5.5 seems to solve my problem of the Map view missing notes until I panned the view.

But there’s now a different Map view issue which is even worse: repeatedly selecting and deselecting notes in Map view now seems to “crawl” their titles and text slowly away from each other… I’ll open a new thread with a GIF of this, as it seems difficult to explain over text.

(Mark Anderson) #7

No need to report this further. this is a known issue that crept in recently. The exact cause is unknown (like you I just use the app) and v7.5.5 attempted a fix and seems to have fixed it for some users. Anyway, no need to debate this one further as I’m sure it’s high up the fix list right now.

(eastgate) #8

The cause is now known and we’re testing the correction backstage