DisplayExpression or HoverExpression showing the $Path of the ORIGINAL note not the alias?

Hi,

I have run into a wall. I have an agent collecting alias of original notes that is working well. My problem is that I want to display the $Name + $Path of the ORIGINAL note without changing the name of the original note.

I have tried the $DisplayExpression function, but it is changing the name of the original note AND it is displaying the $Path of the Alias and not the original note.

I have thought about using the $HoverExpression to display the path of the original note, but again it is displaying the path of the alias and not the original note like I want

Thanks in advance
Tom

Perhaps a Hover Expression like shown below? Note the Hover Expression pop-up is from the alias but shows the path of the original note.

he1

Had I set $HoverExpression to $Path then the pop-up would show the path of the alias currently highlighted instead of the original (as shown).

More on designators in action code.

Many thanks Mark. Worked like a charm now! Thanks to you and the forum, I learn something new about Tinderbox every day.

My rule of thumb for learning tinderbox is to try it on my own first, explore and test as far as I can, then ask the forum. Very grateful to all of you.

Will review the designators link you mentioned above.

Have a great day.
Tom

1 Like