Help with shared prototypes

Hi, I’ve been sick for about 10 days and perhaps I’m not thinking clearly, but I’m using TB to help me get my face to face class online. What I don’t seem to be able to do is share the prototypes I created when I actually built another online class. I have that document open along with the new document. Nothing I do seems to show any of the prototypes I wanted to share in the “built-in prototypes” list. I’m using TB8.6. Can someone guide me through how to make this work? Thanks in advance.–Bob

If you are looking at this article on aTbRef, there is a typo.

This

~/Application Support/Tinderbox/prototypes/Prototypes.tbx 

should be this

~/Library/Application Support/Tinderbox/prototypes/Prototypes.tbx 

If ```Prototypes.tbx" does not exist, create a new Tinderbox file to contain your shared prototypes and save it to that location with that name.

Afterwards, this is what you’ll see (sample “Student” prototype that I created for myself per the above):

You might need to quit and restart Tinderbox whenever you save to the shared prototypes file in the library.

:scream_cat: What idiot writes this stuff…

Happily, I’ve now corrected that article and this one and the fixed articles are online. Thanks for the heads up, and apologies to all for such a stupid error. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

† For the passing reader, that would be me!

2 Likes

Thank you. I apologize for not responding sooner, not feeling very well and quite tired.

Take care of yourself!

1 Like