How many TBXs do you use?

Here’s a random question: how many TBX documents and in how many separate windows (not tabs) do you have open at once? And do you use both TBX tabs and the macOS tabs?

Note: Moved by admin to new topic to stop thread drift.

This comes up rather often and the answer is depends. Why? Because Tinderbox users do very disparate things in the app. Unlike a utility the purpose of the work differs. I think the that question’s thus moot, but i’ll let others decide, thus a new thread. :grinning:

Not that what I do has anything to do with what anyone might do (there is no should), but I find I normally have two documents open and maybe three or four tabs or each. And those documents have nothing to do with one another. I don’t find separate windows for documents useful because I work on a laptop.

2 Likes

What I was hoping for was more just a list of users saying "this is what I do (like @PaulWalters above). It may or may not work for anyone else, but getting a sense of how experienced users operate the program is quite helpful for newbies!

1 Like

Right, which is what I tried to answer here: User Attributes or Tags? - #42 by JFallows

And what @PaulWalters answered here: User Attributes or Tags? - #44 by PaulWalters

This is FYI in case you didn’t see it.

Did not see @PaulWalters response, thanks! Your two responses are what I was looking for. Of course, it doesn’t help they are kind of diametrically opposed. :slight_smile:

I was using nvALT (I’ve tried SimpleNote), but I think I’m going to just stick with Bear for now. Though I like the idea of using Day One. I had been trying that out but didn’t think of it as a “notes app” even though, really, it has all the attributes of a great note taking app. Including a menu bar quick-add feature. Hmmm…maybe time to revisit that!