I had never noticed this before, but on checking I find the same result.
Here's a screenshot to demonstrate what I tried:
- Attrib Browser view, with entries grouped by a set attribute $CityName
- Very simple query -- $Theme, to find entries that had a value for the Theme attribute
- Very simple action-- $Badge="check mark" , which I designed to make a harmless and instantly visible change
For me also this has no effect. Have switched back and forth among tabs; created a new tab; opened and closed the file; and done other things to trigger a refresh. Also, this action when put in a stamp or agent works as intended.
FWIW as confirming data point. (Practical work-around: have the same query in an outline view, or via an agent, or in a stamp, and you can get the result you want.)