These days I’m preparing my final exam and using Tinderbox to quickly jot down some notes for reference. I mainly use the outline view because it’s clean and fast. So here’s my workflow.
- In outline view, press
RETURNto quickly create a new note.
- Enter the note title.
- Click the text editor on the right by trackpad or mouse.
- Start editing the content of that new note.
- Click the outline view on the left by trackpad or mouse.
- GOTO step 2 (next iteration).
It’s clear that the steps in bold (3 and 5) is slowing down the whole workflow, since you need to move your hands from keyboard to mouse/trackpad. If you need to do some really quick note taking (for taking notes in classes, for instance), the disfluency would be significant.
So I’m seeking for two keyboard shortcuts that allows:
- Create a new note and put the cursor on the title, without moving the focus from the text editor.
- Moving the cursor from note title (in the outline view) to note content (in the text editor).
Any suggestions are welcomed, thanks!