Next Zoom Meetup: 2020-09-05

A place holder for next week. Mark won’t be able to attend, so we’ll have to help each other as best we can. :slightly_smiling_face:

Saturday, September 5, 2020
9:00 am PDT | 12:00 pm EDT | 5:00 pm BST | 6:00 pm CEST | 1:00 am JST

(I think I got those timezones right. 9:00 am PDT is correct.)

Hey, All,

We have a great suggestion for this week’s topic from @Steve_Scott

I’m not sure if the Tinderbox file creators are joining us—we can hope!—so bring your questions and projects in case we need a Plan B or have extra time.

Until soon :wave:

Be well!

2 Likes

@Sylvaticus, thanks for setting this up. Do we have a focus for the meeting?

I’d like to suggest that a great ongoing topic could be:

What problem are you trying to solve?

It could be some real world problem that you are trying to bring into TBX or something within TBX that you are trying to do.

Sharing demo TBX maps, images, or descriptions ahead of time like Case Study: design in map view, then make sense in outline view and this Zettelkasten with Tinderbox and The Archive would be helpful.

1 Like

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 885 065 9900
One tap mobile
+13126266799,8850659900# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,8850659900# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 885 065 9900

FWIW, I’ve family visiting so sadly can’t do this week’s meet (7 Sep)

I would be interested in joining, although I’m not clear on who the target group is. Nominally I’m sure it’s open to all, but is the focus quite open or rather oriented toward educating each other, or perhaps toward discussing fine-grained points among very experienced TB-ers?

1 Like

The emphasis has, in fact, been thus far on the needs of beginners and of moderately-experienced Tinderboxers who are looking for better approaches to solving new problems.

2 Likes

Oh wow! That’s great news – in that case, I will certainly join in. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

DRAT DRAT DRAT!!! I posted the wrong date! I corrected it in the body of the post, but not the title!! I am SO sorry and hope you all caught the error. Sincere apologies! I hope you’ll all still show up today. :pray:

Sadly, I’ve house guests, so otherwise engaged. Even if there’s no one who feel like dispensing advice, I urge those on the call to raise their issues and share their TBXs. Seeing other people’s doc is really interesting. Not for racy content, but rather structure style. If those present are happy to record the call its there as a later reference to a later question here.

Hope you have a good meet-up and sorry I can’t be there. :cry:

1 Like

Hey, All,

Another great meetup! Thanks to all who shared and who attended!

I’ll attach the chat, but there’s not much in it other than a link to the always useful Tinderbox Reference File.

Stay cool if you’re in a heat zone, and I look forward to seeing everyone next week!

2020-09-05 tinderbox zoom meetup - chat.txt.zip (1.6 KB)

1 Like

For those looking here, here’s the recording:

https://vimeo.com/455835088