I start with a long list of nested notes. I make a prototype at the top of the document, with a tag attribute. I create an add-on action. I select the first level of notes in outline view and hit tab. The first level of notes inherits the tag attribute. But none of the children do. I know I’m doing something wrong, but don’t know what. Any help appreciated.
Let’s say you have a prototype named myPrototype that has two aspects:
- The Key Attributes include $Tags
- The Action the myPrototype note is
If you then create a container note named “My Notes” and give that container an Action of
$Prototype="myPrototype";, this is what will happen:
- Top level children of “My Notes” will each be given the prototype “myPrototype” because of the On-Add Action that MyNotes has.
- Children of “My Notes” will each be given the prototype “myPrototype” because of the On-Add Action that the prototype “myPrototype” has
- The result in #2 will continue on down hierarchy of My Notes’ children, grandchildren, grandchildren, and so on. And every note in this hierarchy will have $Tags as a Key Attribute.
I believe this is what you want to accomplish, if I understand what you posted, @hrmhrm.