Hmm. I deleted the TBX file in case I’d messed it up, downloaded a new one from the link in the Help file, opened it, clicked on the Status tab, and the result is the same.
I’ve discovered that if I turn off automatic agent processing, when I click on a dashboard note and the numbers half appear they do not disappear on their own. If I then click File->Update Agents Now the numbers disappear again. So the disappearing numbers appear to be related to agent processing (which would explain the seemingly random timing).
I’ve also discovered that if I change the prototype from Dashboard to “none” the numbers in the sub-title appear and work properly - it’s only the Dashboard-prototype formatting that seems to be the problem.
Going into the Prototype itself I discovered that if I go to the Text Inspector, click on the Subtitle tab and reduce the size small enough the number appears. Gradually increasing the slide causes part of the number to disappear until it’s totally invisible.
Increase the size slider a little and the bottom part of 42 starts to disappear:
Increase it one more nudge and the number disappears completely:
It’s an interesting one! The only thing I can think of is my evaluation license.