Tinderbox Forum

Text color of a note - note title and note body - set color HOWTO?

(Erwin Panen) #1

I’m trying to set the color of the Note Title to e.g. blue, and the color of the Note body to let’s say green.

I’ve been playing with:
$TextColor
$TitleForegroundColor
$SubtitleColor

But the results are not what I expect.
Most of the time I don’t even see any change.

• How do I do this?
  • Is there any need to do some refresh to apply changes?

Thanks for helping out!
Erwin

(eastgate) #2

The color of the title of a note is $NameColor.

The color of the body of the note is $Color.

The easiest way to set these properties manually is the Title pane of the Text Inspector:

The other attributes you mentioned are

TextColor: the initial color of the body text in the text pane
SubtitleColor: the color of the subtitle, which can appear below the title in map view
TitleForegroundColor: the color used for the big title at the top of the text pane. This seldopm-used attribute is handy when the $NameColor is very light, and therefore hard to see against the light window background.

The System Pane of the Document Inspector lets you select any attribute and gives a short definition of what it does.

(Erwin Panen) #3

Thanks a lot for explaining!
Do you have by any chance any pointer to an example of how to do this in an automated way?

(eastgate) #4

Do you have by any chance any pointer to an example of how to do this in an automated way?

The tutorial in the Help menu, “Getting Started With Tinderbox: Agents and Actions” might help. Can you tell us a bit more about what you’re working on?

(Erwin Panen) #5

Yes of course;
As a matter of fact I am digging around to gain as much information about using TBX as possible.

I think even before reading your reply, last night in bed I was reading up on my iPad mini and found the accompanying pdf of “Getting Started With TBX: Agents and Actions” referring to the accompanying TBX file.

What do I have in mind?
I work in home-building engineering and setup electrical and home automation circuitry. These installations need to be approved after a technical inspection by an accredited inspection company. To document the installation we use electrical diagrams but also need a kind of floor-plan illustrating how the the wiring is setup.

I am contemplating the use of the floor-plan / building layout as an adornment in TBX. Each TBX-note would represent a device of a specific type e.g. switch, luminary appliance or intelligent switch or whatever home automatin device or sensor.

What I would most certainly need is a way to export information, preferably to csv. (I know TBX does not do this directly)
E.g. some right-clicking would expose export / copy the pre-defined attributes to be pasted in a txt file and so on.

Notes would also contain documentation of the relevant devices. Not sure yet how: embedded in a note or linked to a note.

(eastgate) #6

Fascinating!

If you have a group of notes that share characteristics — say, they all represent a smart light dimmer — and you want the Tinderbox notes to share an appearance, give all those notes a common prototype. That way, all the light dimmers can be (say) blue with yellow titles.

(Erwin Panen) #7

Thanks for the tip, Mark!
I’m not that far yet, but hope to get there in the next couple of weeks :wink:
If I get to a point that sufficiently satisfies me, I’ll definitely post screenshots or an example.

Erwin