Tinderbox and DEVONthink Pro

No need to remove anything @Lupo — just want to sure you’re getting the info you need!!

1 Like

@PaulWalters
I use Daylite both for my business and for my private (for myself) administration and management:

• CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and
  • IRM (Information Relationship Management = this is my new and own definition what I do with Daylite )
  • Opportunities
  • Project Management
  • Mail Integration
  • Task Management
  • Work Anywhere

Information Relationship Management (IRM) is what I do with Daylite as an extended use of Daylite.

Sadly, Daylite doesn’t work with Exchange. Dealbreaker for me.

@PaulWalters
My notes do not travel from Daylite —>DEVONthink —>Tinderbox.
All information between Daylite, DEVONthink and Tinderbox are conected with URLs.

@Jake_Bernstein
Which function does you mean exacly? (Exchange-Server for mails?)

@PaulWalters
Can you please show me how to set up this feature (inter-app workflow)?

If you own the current version of DEVONthink, then select a group (DEVONthink’s term for a folder) and choose Copy Item Link from the contextual menu, or from the Edit menu. This will put a DEVONthink reference URL on the clipboard. The URL looks like this:

x-devonthink-item://DBC2D682-0843-4872-AF2C-94459C8E740D

Go to Tinderbox 7.5.x. Create a note. Add the attribute $DEVONthinkGroup as a Key Attribute – it is located in the Watched category.

Paste the clipboard contents (the URL you copied).

Wait a few seconds, and the child documents of the group (the “watched group”) whose reference URL you copied will appear as child notes of the note where you added the $DEVONthinkGroup attribute and the URL.

There are limitations. Child groups of a watched DEVONthink group will not sync. Not all documents from DEVONthink sync well. Works best with rich text or plain text, less well with PDFs, and even less well with web archives. Usually does not work anywhere satisfactorily with documents such as .docx, .xlsx, or images.

@PaulWalters
Thanks you for your help.
In fact, I do not get results in DEVONthink.

I assure you. I am not making this up.

Parent note

What version of DEVONthink and what version of Tinderbox do you have? The feature requires the version of each program that were modified by the developers to support it.

Make sure you have copied and paste the correct Item Link from the correct group in the most current version of Tinderbox.

Anyway, good luck. Seeing as we don’t have your data, it’s not possible to reproduce.

@PaulWalters
I have DEVONthink Pro Office 2.10.1 and Tinderbox 7.5.3.
You have URL, I have DEVONthinkGroup?
Would it be possible for us to use TeamViewer?

The process automatically puts the DEVONthink item link in the KA for a synced document, when it syncs the documents that are contents of the synced group.

The parent has $DEVONthinkGroup as I explained above.

No. I am not Eastgate support.

I suggest you write to Mark Bernstein (support@eastgate.com) if there are additional issues, since this is probably a support issue and not a user-to-user matter.

@PaulWalters
Thank you - I will do that.

@eastgate
Hi Mark,
I want to connect Tinderbox with DEVONthink ($DEVONthinkGroup).
Can you help me please?
Thanks,
Bernhard

Please make a new, small sample DEVONthink that you can share. Make a test Tinderbox that tries to watch the corresponding DEVONthink group. Does that work?

If not, send the DEVONthink database and Tinderbox document to info@easgate.com and we’ll be happy to take a look.

@Jake_Bernstein
Which function does you mean exacly? (Exchange-Server for mails?)

@Jake_Bernstein
Which function do you mean exactly? (Exchange server for mails?)
I’ve been working with Daylite for a long time.
I would be glad to receive a message from you.

I would be interested as well @Lupo

@andreas
:slight_smile:
Do you work with Daylite, too?

Certainly do. Great App

@andreas
It’s just the best for me.
How did you set up the workflow between Daylite and DEVONthink (Tinderbox)?