Tinderbox Forum

Tinderbox and Drafts (getdrafts.com)

Now that there’s a pretty solid macOS version of Drafts (https://getdrafts.com/), I’m wondering if anyone has has any experience with Drafts and Tinderbox integration?

Drafts provides similar scripting chops to Tinderbox, and also creates UUID for each individual Draft in its storage. It seems a natural place to start notes for Tinderbox, using the great iOS version of Drafts, which can then be exploded or split into a glut of Tinderbox notes on the macOS side.

Before I sacrifice a vast quantity of time into this rabbit hole, I’m wondering if braver people than I have stepped in there already?

1 Like

In the sense that Teslas are like tricycles, I suppose :slight_smile:

There are numerous scripts already posted here by @trewr and others that could easily be incorporated in a Drafts action.

I haven’t looked at macOS drafts, but my impression (perhaps out of date ?) was that it didn’t include the JavaScript actions of the iOS version.

Has that now changed ?

( TaskPaper has a richer JS interface, including programmatic access to outline structures and key-value pairs – both of which make it a very useful adjunct to Tinderbox )

Hey Rob,

Yes, it’s changed, quite significantly. The JS model from iOS drafts has made it to the macOS version, and even the drag-and-drop automation has been ported over, naturally with limits where iOS features don’t have macOS parity. Coupled with the impressively fast syncing, it’s quite a powerhouse; it looks like it’s almost itching for the kind of Tinderbox integration that DEVONthink enjoys, particularly as it seems so much better a place to pull text from (and maybe even push to) than Simplenote or Apple Notes - even more so for Tinderbox, as it’s otherwise a plain text environment.

Might be worth another look if you’ve been away for more than six months; it’s a really impressive system, but requires a subscription for full action editing access.

2 Likes