Tinderbox Meetup April 10

Time: April 10, 2021 12:00 noon Eastern Time (US and Canada)
9 AM Pacific Time
Noon Eastern time
1700 London (note: US has started daylight savings time, but this week the UK and EU join us)
1800 Paris

Come tell us what you’re working on! Doesn’t matter whether you’ve been using Tinderbox for a few days or a few years. Everyone’s eager to help!

1 Like

@Bernard-0 thanks for the -rm warning. @rtalexander, great idea on having a trash folder instead. Got it working today - :slight_smile: runCommand("mv " + theExportedFile+" "+$exportDir("TBXConfigNote")+"/pandocSPTrash");

To be honest, I really don’t know how likely or unlikely you were to run into problems. All I saw was that the command was being dynamically generated on every run and the rm command is known for its potential to cause quite a headache if misused/misassembled. Seeing that you can’t ever ⌘Z your way out of changes made by scripts, this could mean a whole afternoon spent going through the process of restoring your system using time machine or some other backup mechanism. No fun in that.

I could be wrong, though, and perhaps there was really no danger at all. I still know very little about using Tbx and the command line.

I agree, this is a better safe than “really sorry” situation.

2 Likes

Hi Mark @eastgate, When will the video of the 10 April meetup be posted?
thanks

Uploading now!