Tinderbox Training Video 07 - Understanding Agents, Queries, and Actions (Part 2)

Tinderbox Training Video - Understanding Agents, Queries, and Actions (Part 2)

Level Fundamental
Published Date 1/2/21
Tags Tinderbox, aTbRef, Agent Query, Action Code, Agent Actions, Note-Taking
Video Length 04:38
Video URL Tinderbox - Understanding Agents, Queries. and Actions (Part 2) v2 - YouTube
Example File TBX - L Understanding Agents & Queries (Part 2).tbx (83.4 KB)
Revision 1
TBX Version 8.9
Instructor Michael Becker

In this lesson, we build on what we learned in “Tinderbox Training Video - Understanding Agents & Queries (Part 1)”. Specifically, I explain how to use the Agent Action capability of Tinderbox to update and change the values stored in your attributes. For example, I show you how to “automagically” change the color of the notes a query finds to “bright blue.” I also explain the concept of aliases and how Tinderbox agents are generating aliases of your notes. Any changes you make to your aliases change your original notes, and likewise, any changes you make to your original notes change your aliases.

NOTE: If you want to play with the Action Code in this tutorial just download the example file linked above. It is all there.

TBX - L Agent & Queries Part 2

Reference materials

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I created an Agent with a simple query and everything worked just fine. However, when I opened up the agent and tried to rearrange the notes within it, they kept snapping back to the same position after a second or two. How do I solve this so I can play around with and rearrange notes within an agent? Thanks.

Agents normally clean up after themselves. If that’s not what you want, change the agent’s CleanupAction

You can also control this through the agent’s $CleanupAction attribute.

2 Likes

This means that each agent pass, the (default configured) agent re-arranges the map reflecting what it matches, sorting in whatever order the aliases are added.

If using an agent map and you want aliases not to move around, you’ll definitely want to use the suggestion above for the agent inspector (or set $AgentPriority via action code).

1 Like

Thank you @eastgate and @mwra … Duly noted!

1 Like