I am using version Tinderbox 8.0.3, and I would like to use MultiMarkdown Version 6 as a preview and export engine for notes instead of the Gruber package that is bundled with Tinderbox. I believe all I have to do is change the path in $HTMLPreviewCommand. Yes? Has anyone else tried this?
Yes, that ought to work!
@regan great question. Can you maybe post your solution on the forum? That would be awesome!
This has been covered previously.
- Install the Fletcher Penney Mutlimarkdown package per his instructions.
- The normal installation path is
- Create your own prototype and set $HTMLPreviewCommand to
- Note the single straight quotes
- If your machine’s configuration is different, then you’ll need to locate the
multimarkdownexecutable on your own.
- By default, Tinderbox notes, and thus the built in Markdown prototype and any prototypes you might create have $HTMLMarkupText set to True. This is an error and will cause the preview to not work. Set $HTMLMarkupText to False.
This will be corrected in Tinderbox 8.0.5 and later.
Thanks to all for sharing your insights.