Creating a Stamp to paste contents of clipboard into an attribute into multiple notes?

Hi
I am a bit out of my league here, but wanted to get ideas on action code to use in a stamp. What I want to do is to use the contents of the clipboard (all text) and use the stamp to apply it to multiples notes. I realize I could use the onAdd action but was curious if the runCommand with pbPaste into the target attribute: $ReferenceURL would work as an alternate method.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Tom, I don’t really understand your question. What you mean “all text” from the clipboard. There are so many different things that could be on the clipboard. Can you define your user flow…for what is the action to put something on the clipboard, and what is it? You’re saying that you then want to put this clipboard info in the $ReferenceURL attribute? Please provide an example of what you’re trying to do.

Hi Michael
Certainly. Here is a my use case I had in mind. The type of data in the clipboard I am referring to is a URL string from the browser. Then with the URL in the clipboard, apply to a number of notes I created and insert the URL string into the $ReferenceURL value of each note.
Hope that helps. Thanks

1 Like

Try this in the stamp:

$ReferenceURL=runCommand("pbpaste")

Select multiple notes and apply.

2 Likes

Bingo! That worked perfectly. Thank you Sumner!

Tom

1 Like