Dragon Professional Individual v6 and Tinderbox

Hi, all–

Has anyone tried using Tinderbox with Dragon Professional Individual v6 voice-recognition software? I’ve was pleasantly surprised how well the Mac’s dictation software worked with Tinderbox. I’m wondering if it’s worth upgrading Dragon v6 to use with Tinderbox. My needs are relatively simple. Just dictating notes written on 4x6 index cards or on at most a page or two of 8.5 x 11 paper.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or ideas. Have a great weekend!

Gilbert

If your needs are simple, before investing in Dragon try the Dictation feature you already have in macOS.

Place the cursor in the Text field in Tinderbox and press fn fn or Edit > Start Dictation.

Yes, I know. I appreciate your response. Thank you!

I know of at least one user who has, if I recall correctly, considerable experience with Tinderbox and Dragon. Email me if you need an introduction, but probably better (and more current) to see who uses dictation here.

Unfortunately Nuance has announced it intends to discontinue Dragon for OSX. The current OSX Dragon version (the last) is expected not to work with Catalina.

Dragon 6 launches on Catalina, requests Privacy permission, then fails. I’ve tried this repeatedly.