Multiple URL attributes?

Hi, I tend to use the URL attribute frequently.
I have found this to support nearly anything you throw at it, which is wonderfull! Evernote note links, Devonthink item links, Ithoughts node links Mail.app mail links etc.

Now what if I would want to add more than a single URL attribute?
Is that possible? And if so, how do I do that?

Thanks for helping out!

You can add more attributes with the type URL.

In fact, the built-in attributes include URL, ReferenceURL, and SourceURL. But you can also define new URL attributes.

Maybe I expressed myself poorly.
Suppose:

1. I add ‘a’ URL attribute - then fill it with e.g. a link to a Devonthink item
  2. but then, I also want to add a ‘2nd’ URL attribute, this time it will contain a link to e.g. Evernote
    As you can see from my screenshot, the 2nd time the URL-attribute is not available anymore…

=> I can’t select the URL attribute for a second time…

Do you mean that I need to e.g. create my own URL attribute and name it DTPO-URL and EVERNOTE-URL? OR?

You can add a new Attribute in various ways. If you use the method shown in your image, then these steps need to occur

1. Enter the new attribute name

2. Press enter so that the new name is blue

Screenshot%20of%20Tinderbox%20(1-26-20%2C%202-33-06%20PM)

3. When you click away and new pop up appears

4. From the dropdown, chose the type for the attribute (“URL” for example)

5. Click “Create” and click away

Thanks!
I’ll have a go at this!

Thanks Paul!
Out of interest: can you give a pointer to the various ways one can add new Attributes?

The most normal way to create a used attribute is via the User tab of the Document Inspector. See the link for the configuration options offered.

A more recent way is by specifying the name of an undefined attribute in the Add Key Attributes pop-up on the text pane of a selected note; the the link for how the process works. Note that this ‘quick’ method only allows choosing a data type. To fully configure an attribute the Inspector (above) needs to be used.

Some drag-drop methods of importing data (CSV, OPML, etc) will create attributes for column heads that don’t have a matching system or user attribute. As with the last method above it may not create the desired data-type so it may be necessary to do further configuration via the Inspector.

Unless doing quicky-and-dirty tests, I’d advised using the Inspector method as it offers most control. For a long term document, not least is adding a note as to the purpose of the attribute; months latter the attribute name may prove less intuitive than imagined (or so I’ve found!).