Note's background

When I place an image in a notebook, the placed image is shown as Interior of the notebook on the map, which is convenient, but sometimes I feel it is distracting.

Is it possible to place an image in a notebook and have only a colored background on the map like the original? :upside_down_face:

By ‘notebook’, I’ll assume you mean a note. An image in a note’s text ($Text) is only shown on the map icon if the image is the very first content to appear. To make the image not appear, place something, e.g. a space before it.

This illustrates the result, both notes have the same note in their $Text, but in the second case the $Text starts with a space before the image:

If you resize the second note to be larger the image will show as part of the text:

See also here, here and here.

1 Like

Just add a space or a carriage return before the image.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed advice! I’ll refer to it! :grin:

That’s the easiest thing to do! :smile:

Keep in mind, placing images in a note takes up a ton of space, it bloats your file size. If you’re going to work with a lot of images, I’ve found it best to keep the images outside of Tinderbox and pull them in with templates.

See these:

1. Tinderbox Training Video 12 - Working with media in your TBX files (Part 1)
  2. Tinderbox Training Video 13 - Working with media in your TBX files (Part 2)

I’ve since refined my methods, but this will give you a good start.

1 Like

Hi, satikusala
That’s helps me a lot!
thanks!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like