[RESOLVED] Missing Number Problem With Dashboard Example

Hi all, I’m working through the “Actions and Dashboards” Help document and the accompanying TBX but I’m experiencing a problem when I view the Status tab to show the dashboard. The Dashboard-prototyped notes have no data other than the title, but when I click on one the data partially appears and then disappears again.

Here’s what it looks like when I invoke the Status map:

And here’s what it looks like when I select one of the notes:

A random amount of time later (could be less than a second) the green half-numbers disappear and the display reverts to the first example again.

Is this because I’m using the evaluation version?

Thanks,

Nick

Seems to be a bug with that document. Over here when I click a note in the status tab, Tinderbox crashes. I’ll report this to Eastgate.

Idiopathic. Probably not universal.

1 Like

We haven’t been able to reproduce the problem

1 Like

Hmm. I deleted the TBX file in case I’d messed it up, downloaded a new one from the link in the Help file, opened it, clicked on the Status tab, and the result is the same.

I’ve discovered that if I turn off automatic agent processing, when I click on a dashboard note and the numbers half appear they do not disappear on their own. If I then click File->Update Agents Now the numbers disappear again. So the disappearing numbers appear to be related to agent processing (which would explain the seemingly random timing).

I’ve also discovered that if I change the prototype from Dashboard to “none” the numbers in the sub-title appear and work properly - it’s only the Dashboard-prototype formatting that seems to be the problem.

Going into the Prototype itself I discovered that if I go to the Text Inspector, click on the Subtitle tab and reduce the size small enough the number appears. Gradually increasing the slide causes part of the number to disappear until it’s totally invisible.

E.g.

Small:

Increase the size slider a little and the bottom part of 42 starts to disappear:

Increase it one more nudge and the number disappears completely:

It’s an interesting one! The only thing I can think of is my evaluation license.

This will be corrected in the next update, coming shortly.

1 Like

Thanks, Mark. Off topic, I, er, don’t suppose there’ll be a Black Friday discount will there? I’ve had a couple of issues but I can see a huge amount of power in Tinderbox, and this weekend is as good a weekend as any to buy. :wink:

Stay tuned. If you aren’t already a member of the eastgate-list, you might want to sign up.

Ok, I think I’m signed up (the email subscription at the bottom of the Eastgate front page, right?) Looking forward to it…

I can confirm that this problem is fixed in v7.3.1. I can also confirm that I’m now a fully paid-up owner of Tinderbox. :slight_smile:

1 Like