Service: Clip to Tinderbox v7

Nah, I just found my start-up having to go online in the early 90s and have been learning from the kindness of strangers ever since. My role here is by way of payback. I say I’m not a coder because I’ve done no formal CompSci and have a respect for those who’ve gone that path (and plenty of them here !). My experience is more Frank Tuttle - as an information plumber.

can you try this?

Well it installed, but it doesn’t seem to work. I have the Service installed and just tested it and that component works.

I am running this on Mojave and besides bringing to the front the tinderbox window it doesn’t do much. Anyone else running this successfully on Mojave?

FWIW, I can’t help re the Mojave side as I’m not moving to Mojave for a few months whilst i’m at a crucial stage of thesis writing.

Further, my understanding is that—for useful security reasons—using such ‘services’ will require a one-time admin-passworded approval for access upon first use. Thus I do wonder if there is a permissions issue. Is the service allowed to access your system. On my High Sierra system the service doesn’t show under System Prefs → Security & Privacy → Privacy → Accessibility. But, in Mojave I suspect it may need to do so.

Howard Oakely’s blog has some good tips on privacy and current OS changes.

As @mwra says, it’s likely a permissions issue. What you normally get is a pop up telling you that the app wants to control something. Try this:

There’s a useful explanation with how-to here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/361707/how-macos-mojaves-privacy-protection-works/

Hope that helps

Hi folks, wondering if this Clip service is still functional anno 2022, with TBX v9?
Or has it been superseded with new TBX capabilities (that i’m not aware of yet…)?

See here for v9 version. If you want a version specifically for v7, open the workflow file in Apple automator and edit it accordingly.

1 Like

Thanks Mark, you’re the best!