SheetPlanner (topic split)

I am all-in on Agenda, but not exclusively.

By that I mean, I’m using Agenda all day, every day. It has quickly become my most-used app. I take a lot of notes throughout the day, and most of them are based around dates / times, so Agenda works great for that.

I still use OmniFocus daily. But, I’ve been able to trim it back quite a lot. I don’t try to do any sort of planning in OF. It is still great at organizing actions using tags, and repeating actions, neither of which Agenda really does.

I link or duplicate between Agenda and OF pretty regularly. So like for a project, I’ll do my planning in Agenda. I’ll make a checklist of the high-level milestones that I need to hit. I can then either work through that checklist, or add an item as an action to OF, or an item might even become a project in OF. So OF projects now become smaller chunks than they used to be.

OF is great at slicing and dicing a bunch of stuff. But, I’ve never felt like I was able to get a good understanding of context – and I think I’ve been using OF regularly for 11 years or so. Two key questions – “what have I done?” and “what do I plan to do?” – have just completely evaded me in OF all this time.

So, I use them together, and I’m still working it out, but so far it’s good. Agenda can be a lot more ad-hoc, less strictly structured than OF, and so I’m able to use them together in a pretty fluid fashion.

So, you write:

What I do is, for a goal w/ a target date or deadline, I create a note starting from today until that date.

I can’t see how to achieve that myself. I can create a note which automatically receives the Date “Today”. But how to assign the “end date” without losing the “start date”, that is: “Today”?

Fascinating. I also experience “what have I done?” and “what do I plan to do?” fuzziness with OF. It’s great at capture, I never lose track of things, and I feel I really do get more (things I want to do) done.

But! I’ve (re)downloaded Agenda and watched a couple screen casts on it and will see if I find it useful in tandem with OF.

Please keep us updated as your use of these tools evolves! And thanks as always, @Pat.

1 Like

On iOS, press and hold on the start date, and drag to the end date. On Mac, click the start date, then shift click the end date.

btw Agenda has an active community just like TB. Maybe I’ll see some of you over there :slight_smile:

Thank you, @pat. Works great.