Tinderbox file not waiting for input

OK, several things here. Because you’ve not suppressed the rule in the prototype, where it’s not appropriate, it sets a prototype $FullName of ‘Person’. In turn, all notes using the prototype inherit a value of ‘Person’ which confuses the later test of the |= operator.

However, even if the prototype rule is disabled (only in the prototype) that doesn’t quite solve the problem. Using a $FullNote assignment in either an OnAdd or a rule you get a different result depending on whether a note is dragged/pasted into the container (success), or is added new within the container (failure).

This appears to be a scheduling issue as the OnAdd/Rule actions are run before the user has completed typing the new notes $Name (or it does if you’re a slow typist like me). My hunch is these events should be queued until the initial naming of the new note is complete - i.e. title edit is closed. This last issue is probably what’s changed in v7.5 with the effects as reported above.

So, from this diagnosis I’d suspect that an edict might serve better to not gum up the works. But the lag between enactments of the edict might disconcert the user (me).

Don’t forget, you can ‘force’ an edict refresh outside its normal cycle by using File menu -> Update Agents Now.