Tinderbox Meetup SATURDAY September 16: Asst. Prof. Joel Chan Explores Research Collaboration with Roam, Obsidian, Logseq, and Tinderbox

Time: SATURDAY, September 16 13, 2023, 12:00 noon Eastern Time (US and Canada)

9 AM Pacific Time
Noon Eastern time
1300 São Paulo
1600 UTC
1700 London
1800 Paris
2130 Delhi

Zoom link for the meetup: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Agenda

In this research session, Assistant Prof. Joel Chan (@joelchan), at the University of Maryland, will explore his research methods, both personal and team research using Roam, Obsidian, Logseq, and Tinderbox. Joel is AWESOME!!! This is going to be a must-attend event. Please come prepared with your questions (in fact, let’s get started in the comments below).

Looks like a fantastic meeting tomorrow, bummed I will not be able to attend with family in town.

but…if I were there…

Since Joel Chan is a Cognitive Scientist and Knowledge Management expert: I would want to know

1. What are his perspectives on how Discourse Graphs (which are very specific to academic discourse and the scientific method of query) are similar and different than Category Theory (from the abstract math realm)

2. How can Category Theory can be applied to knowledge management?

3.Outside of the scientific literature, how does he use knowledge management to maximize his knowledge discovery.

Here is a nice Discourse Graph written by @ShiJianhui for Tinderbox

Looking forward to watching the recording next week. Cheers and have a great meeting.
Tom

1 Like