Tinderbox Training Video 29 - Working with Export Templates Part 2

Tinderbox Training Video - Working with Export Templates Part 2

Level Intermediate
Published Date 2/4/21
Tags Tinderbox, aTbRef, 4Cs of Knowledge Exchange, Export Code, Action Code, Include, LookUp
Video Length 17:51
Video URL https://youtu.be/oYxl-OT40_Q
Example File TBX - L Working with Export Templates Part 2.tbx (161.0 KB)
Revision 1
TBX Version 8.9
Instructor Michael Becker
Related Lessons Tinderbox Training Video - Working with Export Templates Part 1
Tinderbox Training Video - Working with Export Templates Part 3

In this lesson, we digger deeper into using export (HMTL) templates for managing your Tinderbox files. Moreover, for this lesson, the example I’m using is the authoring and development of an email template to support a marketing campaign (the basis of a bigger lesson I’m working on for building a communication matrix in Tinderbox).

Hint: to all my fellow marketers, Tinderbox is a wonderful tool for mocking up a communication matrix (e.g. email and SMS templates, trigger notations, etc.) that can be pulled into an email campaign management platform.

Specifically, I demonstrate how to use multiple templates to construct your output with export code, specifically ^include( item|group[, template] )^. I also show you how to pull attribute values into your $Text from the current note in focus, or from any note within your Tinderbox file, using ^values([group,]attribute)^ export code.

Finally, I leave you with a bit of an Easter Egg, and briefly explain how you can use an export code, ^action( action )^, to run action code, in your export template, along with lookup action code, List/Set.lookup(“key”). What does this all give you? It gives you a table in your output that is pulled from your note’s attributes. Very cool stuff!!!

TBX - L Working with Export Templates Part 2

Reference Material

Hello Micheal, The link to the Tinderbox file, TBX - L Working with Export Templates Part 2.tbx is not active.

Whoops. Sorry about that. Should be good now.

Thanks for the update and also thanks for making these incredibly useful videos.

1 Like

Hi Michael
Visiting this some time later and the linked file gets a 404 screen. Any thoughts?
Patrick

Try it now. Just uploaded it again.

Works nicely–thanks!

1 Like

Why isn’t this clickable?

Because I broke something. :wink: Try now. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

haha! Ok, I did a YouTube search and found it already!

1 Like