Tinderbox Training Video 32 - Using Action Code to Help Spellcheck Attribute Values

Tinderbox Training Video - Using Action Code to Help Spellcheck Attribute Values

Level Intermediate
Published Date 2/20/21
Tags Tinderbox, aTbRef, 4Cs of Knowledge Making, Collect, Values, Dot Operators, Designators, .replace, .format, collect(), action(), descendants
Video Length 10:48
Video URL Tinderbox Training - Using Action Code to Help Spellcheck Attribute Values - YouTube
Example File TBX - L Using Action Code to Help Spellcheck Attribute Values.tbx (172.1 KB)
Revision 1
TBX Version 8.9
Instructor Michael Becker

In this lesson, I’m sharing with you two strategies that I use to spellcheck the names of my notes and the values in attributes. Specifically, to accomplish this, I’m using the collect() and values() action code, along with a designator (“descendants”) and dot operators (.format and .replace).

REMEMBER: What you learn in this lesson can be applied to all kinds of situations and to solve all kinds of text transformation operations, In this use case, however, I just happen to be using these functions (collect, values, designators, dot operators) for spellchecking.

TBX - L Using Action Code to Help Spellcheck Attribute Values

Reference Material