A thank-you to you all

Happily I passed my PhD Thesis Defence yesterday (albeit with some entirely deserved narrative corrections to do), but I wanted to share something with you from the Thesis’ acknowledgements:

… To the Tinderbox and Storyspace communities: your discussions and interest in hypertext has helped shape and sustain my own interest in the medium. I thank also those attending the dinner at Tinderbox Weekend in San Francisco—your encouragement to return to study and thus to give back to the community was the first step to the path to this thesis. …

Thanks not stated are thanks not given. So my heartfelt thanks to you all. The above was written with complete sincerity.

Engaging in this community has done much to deepen my understanding of the hypertextual medium. I find I gain more insight solving the problems of others than with my own—so keep them coming! Since the early 90s I’ve moderated forum on various topics, but this one has given me the most pleasure.

22 Likes

Congratulations Mark!

1 Like

Every honour and respect, Dr A !

1 Like

Well-earned degree, Dr. Anderson – you’ve worked hard and deserve every accolade you receive.

You’ve also given us all a real-time view into using Tinderbox for a very complex analysis.

2 Likes

Congratulations – and now you can say “Let me through, I’m a doctor!”

2 Likes

a ‘senior’ doctor? I also just qualified for my Senior Citizens railcard. It’s all very confusing. :thinking:

Congratulations!! And thanks to you for the open-ended generosity you have extended to members of this community and beyond.

2 Likes

Congratulations, Dr. Anderson!!! Thank you for your extremely generous help with Tinderbox questions.

1 Like

Hooray! Well done, Doctor Anderson!

1 Like

To be followed with… I’m not that kind of a doctor…
Congrats!

1 Like

Awesome! Well Deserved Dr. Anderson!

1 Like

An inspiration to all of us whose memories reach back to the 1950s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Goosebumps reading this. Congratulations!!

1 Like

Well done, Doctor! I bow in deep respect… :+1:

1 Like

Congrats Doc! And many thanks for your help here in return.

2 Likes

Many congratulations!

And many thanks for your help and insights too!

1 Like

Congratulations Dr. Anderson. And many thanks for your tremendous help and engagement in this forum.
By the way: the fifties are very special. Their power is overwhelming and they never give up looking for a clever solution. So enjoy your Citizens railcard and relax once and a while.

1 Like

Kudos, Doctor Anderson!

:tada::champagne::clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Congrats Dr. Anderson!

1 Like

Indeed, congratulations Dr. Anderson and thanks for all the help!

1 Like