Beginners Question re Adornment Title Text Size

When I click on an adornment and expand it, the title text goes wild, expands into whole adornment… .png attached. Am running TB Version 7.5.6 (b335) on OS 10.13.2

I can’t replicate that effect 7.5.6 (b335) on OS 10.14.3, so I’m not sure if this is due to the different OS or some other undisclosed factor at play.

The fonts are different, etc. Are these texts copied from a web source (so others can test for comparison), or from a book scan, or PDF? How did you create the adornment – type the text, or paste it, or drag in a picture?

What is the AdornmentFont attribute set to for these?

If might be helpful to email a sample Tinderbox file that has the reported problem to @eastgate

My guess is that this document is set up to adjust the font size automatically to fit the available space:

You can set the size of the adornment text to whatever you want by selecting the adornment and opening the Font palette (⌘-T)

Ok so I believe this last comment was correct re “use smaller type.” I interpreted that drop down choice as the most likely to keep the title condensed… :wink: Thought that “expand proportionately” would produce the behavior I experienced.
I have more, other related questions but I see I’ll need to screencast to make them cogent… Back soon. Onwards — JM