Black screen on tinderbox

I’ve this problem, when I start a new tinderbox file (or open an existing one) under the first note ther’is a black screen

can someone help me ?
I’ve tried to reinstall tinderbox but the problem persist
thanks

Enrico

I suggest you send mailto:support@eastgate.com a sample file that has the problem and a description of what’s going wrong (e.g., your post), explaining the versions you’re using of Tinderbox and macOS / OS X. Technical issue are best addressed directly with Eastgate.

1 Like

I’ve send mail, thanks
Enrico

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Just installed 8.5.1

1 Like

This is very odd! In your support email, please let us know what version of macOS you’re using, whether you’re using light or dark mode, and anything unusual about your setup. I can’t imagine what could be wrong here.

Aha! Are you both using High Sierra (MacOS 10.13) or Sierra (10.12)?

It looks like something came unstuck in Tinderbox 8.5.1 with older operating systems. I’m sure we’ll have it repaired soon, but perhaps not on a Sunday evening. In the meantime, you can grab Tinderbox 8.5.0 here:

http://www.eastgate.com/download/tbx850.dmg

1 Like

Yep, still using High Sierra 10.13 after replacing the hard drive on my late 2011 iMac with an SSD. I installed 8.5.0, everything is good.

Thanks!

For the present, Sierra users should get Tinderbox 8.5. We’re working on a fix.

We’ve identified and fixed the problem, and the next release (as well as the next backstage release) should again be fine with macOS 10.13 and 10.12.

1 Like