Changing how links are styled only for as long as a note is selected

Dear all,

I would like to create a Rule or an Agent that in Map view (and if possible also in Hyperbolic view) changes the color (e.g., from black to red) of the basic links to and from a note whenever that note is selected and that turns them back to their original color (i.e. black in the example above) whenever the note is no longer selected. However, I am stuck at the first step: I thought I would start by taking advantage of an existing System Attribute of the Boolean type (e.g., something along the line of $Selected=true/false), but I could not find such an Attribute. I realize that one can create User Attributes, but I have no idea how I could create a User Attribute that automatically switches to true when a note is selected and to false when the note is no longer selected. That I don’t know how to do it doesn’t of course mean that it’s not possible; therefore, I was wondering whether someone could please be so kind to point me in the right direction. Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,
Enrico

Link customisation of this sort is not possible via action code. Sorry!

Thank you very much for the prompt and helpful clarification, @mwra. And, please, no need to apologize! Many thanks again.

Best regards,
Enrico