How to use built in composites

(Steve Scott) #1

I’m trying to figure out how to use a built in Composite. I like the concept a lot, but I can’t figure out the next step.

I’ve created one using the built in tool, now what?

• Can I add an agent to the composite?
  • Can use this as a template so I can keep re-using it? I see that I can copy/paste it from the composite box. In other words, what if I wanted to created a second lecture?

Thanks

(Steve Scott) #2

Oh, I get it. Once you invoke the built in composite, then you can use it as a template.

Still playing with the possibilities, i.e can I make my own built in composite.

(Paul Walters) #3

If you create a container named Composites at the root of your outline, and then create composites within that container, and, finally, give the composite a name, then that composite becomes a master. Your personal master composites will appear in Note > Create Composite and you can create new instances of those composites by choosing one from that menu.

To name a composite click the composite on a map view and choose the pencil icon

Note that the if you create a composite based on a master, and then change the master, the instances are not updated.

You could add an agent to a composite, but then you could end up with lots of instances of that agent. Which might not be a good idea.

For more info, see the various articles on composites, special attributes related to composites, composite operators, and composite-related actions at aTbRef