Integration with Diigo

I use Diigo, a web extension to conduct research, www.diigo.com. I’d love to be able integrate my Tinderbox file to Diigo so that I can pull in my notes and references from my Diigo file into Tinderbox. Has anyone tried this?

Michael

Hmm, Diigo appears to have no (public) documentation which makes answering your question a bit hard. Is there an export API? Or support pages for logged in users (I don’t have an account). How are you imagining the interaction between the website and Tinderbox to work. Which is the master resource - website or app?

Diigo’s main ways to export are print and copy/paste. If you have notes in a Diigo outliner, you can use the export menu, which brings up a page from which you can copy the outline. Tinderbox does not recognize this as an outline, so when you paste it you’ll get one note that you’ll then need to explode.

There might be some other tricks, but that’s the main approach I think. Diigo seems to gradually be falling to pieces. More and more of it doesn’t work anymore. Might be a good time to get your data safe somewhere else?

Sorry for not being able to answer your original question, but if you use Diigo in a similar way as I intended to, you might find that a QDA application like atlas.ti is quite useful.

The advantage is that you can fairly easily export all your quotations/highlights from PDFs and your corresponding notes into a spreadsheet. You can then convert that spreadsheet to a *.csv file and import it to Tinderbox.

Unfortunately, if you are not currently affiliated with a university, atlas.ti is very expensive, but I am sure there might be other similar software out there.

Thank you.