Making a set of notes visible or invisible conditionally

Hi fellow tinderbox nerds,

I’m not 100% sure if this is the right sub, but anyway. I have a document with a mind map of all the knowledge that you need to be an iOS developer. See below:

I’m using Tinderbox to organize and create two iOS development courses and I will provide this “mega cheatsheet” to the students along with a discount for Tinderbox.

I’ll also use in a video that gives the “big picture” of all the stuff you need to learn and how it’s organized. There’s one catch: that mind map is for a senior iOS developer. You don’t need to know everything in order to get a entry level job. I fear that students will freakout when they see the size of the map.

I’d like to have a single map, but having 2 different views:

• Senior iOS Developer: display everything
  • Junior iOS Developer: display a subset of the notes and keep the rest hidden

Is there a way to do this with agents or something else? I’d like to have a switch that turns on an off the extra notes.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

What I would do is have a boolean attribute such as $Senior which when True means the note applies to the senior level, and when false means the note does not apply,

Then have a stamp (or a couple of stamps to use as off / on toggles) that set $Color to “transparent”, $Name and $Text to the same color as your background, and turns off visibility for the relevant links. The stamp could have a conditional like

if (!$Senior) { insert the actions here }

Thanks Paul! I clearly still have a lot to learn about Tinderbox… I’ll look into to Stamps in the docs. If you have pointers of examples, I’ll appreciate it (and pay it with a beer in the first opportunity :wink: )

Teetotaler here, but thanks for the offer :smile:

Check Mark Anderson’s (@mwra) starter template here

I’ll check it out, thanks!

Interesting quest, @frr149 - and, again, nice suggestion from @PaulWalters. Thank you both.

May I suggest to look at Storyspace for tasks like this, in general and in particular at Howard Oakley’s wonderful tutorial which might be just what you’re looking for. Paul Walter’s cool suggestions seems to go in the same direction.

1 Like