Here is a minor mystery, when I am populating a TB file from a spreadsheet:
- The main prototype in the Tinderbox file has a set of Key Attributes. For simplicity let’s call them $A, $B, $C … $Z.
- The spreadsheet has a list of column headings that match the KAs, and in the right sequence – but only the first half of them. Let’s say that the spreadsheet columns are labeled A, B, C… K but they stop at K.
- The container into which I’m going to paste the spreadsheet values has an on-add action to assign items to the prototype with attributes from $A through $Z.
Here is what happens when I select and copy the right range from the spreadsheet (including the headers), and paste it into the Tinderbox file:
- Works perfectly in creating the items, and matching and populating KA’s $A through $Z. Great!
- But the KA display for these new imported items simply stops at $K, rather than showing the rest of the ilst (with empty or 0 values, as appropriate for the data type). If I create a new item in this same container, its KA display shows the whole range, A to Z, with empty values where not assigned. But these imported items don’t show anything to note the existence of attributes $L through $Z – even though the imported notes have been assigned to the right prototype.
- Also, minor fit-and-finish issue: for the imported items, both the KA titles and the vaues are all in bold face, which is not how any of the other items look.
What am I not understanding here? Thanks. (And impressed that the cut-and-paste works as well as it does, with this little mystery.)