Simulating a "drop down" list type attribute that can only have 1 value

(Jake Bernstein) #1

Hi there,

I’d like to set up an attribute that is limited to one of the following strings:

Introduction
Qualification
Assessment
Proposal
Closing

A set (or list) would seem to work using default values, but I’ve found that it allows multiple values. Is there a way to limit this Attribute to one of those values?

Thanks!

(Mark Anderson) #2

TTBx has no mechanism to enforce value choice, i.e. not accept ‘invalid’ choices.

A practical workaround is to set up suggested attribute values and then set the values via a KA dropdown list. This won’t prevent manually typing a wrong value but if using only the drop-down to set values it should preclude selecting an invalid value.

(Paul Walters) #3

An approach I take is to use booleans – one for each possible value. At least then visually you can see that only one is chosen.

(eastgate) #4

An agent can easily look for notes that hold any value not in the set of valid values, and take appropriate action – perhaps changing the color or the border of the item to indicate that is requires attention.

(Jake Bernstein) #5

All good suggestions. I have used the suggested attribute values trick, but I like Mark’s suggestion too.