I’m working on an exploratory qualitative data analysis system that works as follows:
- I go through a note and zip link anything of interest.
- I take the notes that were created through zip linking and I drag them to adornments named after emergent codes, depending on the code I think they belong to.
- The adornments add prototypes to the notes according the code assigned that give them metadata I can use in agents later.
I have several questions regarding this process:
- Is a quickstamp of $OnAdd = $Prototype = “Name of Prototype” a recommendable method to assign prototypes in this use case?
- What piece of code will remove a prototype $OnAdd? (This is in a use case where I’ve wrongly coded something.)
- Is there a way to drag a note to an adornment, have that adornment not only assign a prototype but move it somewhere else in the map or document?
Here’s a brief video of this in action: