Tinderbox and DEVONthink Pro

Yep. That just validates the data are not being transferred.

I suggest since this is a product enhancement request, that you email Eastgate directly and explain the suggestion and rationale.

Sounds good; will do.

I’ve got a numb question. How to turn off watching DT group option?)

A DEVONthink group watch is set via the Tinderbox’s container’s $DEVONthinkGroup ( See more here). My presumption is setting the container $DEVONthinkGroup to no value will stop the container being treated as a watched group whilst retaining its contents. You may wish to alter the prototype for the containers child notes, or at least remove the $ReadOnly status set via that prototype it you wish to use the child notes here or if moving them to some other part of your document.

Otherwise, you could simply delete the watched container if no longer needed.

Pinging @PaulWalters may have a more accurate take on this question.

1 Like

Removing the DEVONthink reference URL in $DEVONthinkGroup as @mwra suggested is the way to go. If. you want to unwatch “non-destructively” you could copy that URL into another attribute then put it back, using a Stamp or an agent.

Interesting, it used to be, unless I am mis-remembering, that setting $AutoFetch to false (i.e., off) would also stop this action, but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. Unless I’m testing the wrong way, I don’t see $AutoFetch doing anything.

2 Likes

@mwra @PaulWalters Removing the URL from $DEVONthinkGroup works. Thank you very much!

1 Like