Tinderbox Training Video 45 - Simple Gradebook Part 1

Tinderbox Training Video - Simple Gradebook Part 1

Level Intermediate
Published Date 4/24/21
Tags 4CKMEl, 4Cs of Knowledge Management and Exchange, Attributes, Calculations, Display Expression, Gradebook, Tinderbox, aTbRef
Video Length 08:09
Video URL Tinderbox Lesson - Simple Gradebook Part 1 - YouTube
Example File TBX L - Simple Gradebook Part 1.tbx (197.1 KB)
Revision 1
TBX Version 8.9
Instructor Michael Becker

In this lesson, I explain how you can create and manage a simple gradebook in Tinderbox. I demonstrate two methods you can use to accomplish this, 1) using attributes to track assignments, 2) using individual notes for each assignment. You can use this lesson to see how to leverage the nesting of notes within prototypes and how you can use Edicts to automatically adjust attribute values, including summing up attribute values from a note’s children and adjusting a note’s $DisplayExpression.

TBX - L Simple Gradebook Part1

Thanks again Michael for the video. As I mentioned on the YouTube channel, I downloaded my students’ scores and produce a csv file to import into Tinderbox. The question is how to get individual assign scores into each student note? Here is a sample of that file. Thx.

Sample Assgn scores[][].zip (997 Bytes)

John, this lesson will get you partially there: Tinderbox Training Video 46 - Simple Gradebook Part2.

I have a question out to the community on step two of this, i.e. how do you update a student’s record one they’re already in TBX from values from a newly imported spreadsheet. I’m not sure if it an be done, but I’ll try to figure it out.