"Turning Reading Notes into a Tinderbox Map" video series

Reader Beck Tench (@beck ) recently published another series of excellent and engaging videos on “turning reading notes into a Tinderbox map”. As with all of @beck’s videos on note taking and Tinderbox – also available on the YouTube channel and @beck’s web site – this series is recommended for any starting with Tinderbox or engaged with it for a very long time.

A big hand to @beck for sharing this wonderful work with the community!

:clap::clap::clap:

14 Likes

@beck 's videos are fantastic. Her love of knowledge and learning shines through. And her presentation is very relaxed and conversational while still being thorough and insightful.

In an internet abounding with productivity gurus, Beck doesn’t claim to be one or give any indication of wanting to be so called – and that’s possibly one reason why she’s so good at giving the viewer “aha!” moments.

I second @PaulWalters’s recommendation. I believe every Tb user, from just-started to seasoned veteran can get something out of them – both with regards to Tb but also knowledge work in general.

5 Likes

I completely agree with this. Beck’s series of videos not only explains how she uses Tinderbox for her literature research but gives valuable insights into her note-taking process. The latter is as valuable as the former for me, and, I suspect, for many other Tinderbox users.

2 Likes

She disabled comments so I’ll have to say thank you to her here. The way she uses TB is exactly what I envisioned when I first learned of it. She does it elegantly and in a way that I would hope my dissertation notes turn out. I appreciate the videos and also recommend them to anyone doing research with TB.

4 Likes

Thanks for recommending these videos. Beck’s examples of how to use Tinderbox for thinking about and working with her research has been very helpful to me. I watched her first four videos and have already gotten some great ideas on how to proceed putting my notes in Tinderbox for my large creative projects. My projects have now spanned years and have become unwieldy for me to work with in the “system” – if you can call it that – I have been using.

Like Beck, I usually start with paper notebooks. And like Beck, it has become increasingly more difficult for me to find older notes, although I have been indexing my notebooks for the past few years. However, being in notebooks, my notes have become too easy to just put away and not work with frequently. And though I have a method for referencing across paper notebooks, I really need to use a computer now for better linking and working with creative ideas. These are great examples from Beck!