Ziplink linking to alias inside an agent instead of original note

I’m loving ziplinks! Thank you so much for the feature!

One thing I’ve noticed that my ziplinks sometimes link to the alias within an agent instead of the original note. I haven’t been able to identify a pattern so I really don’t know why it does it sometimes but not all the time.

Specifically, when I start typing the ziplink and the options for notes shows up there does not seem to be separate options for the original note vs the alias. I get one option for the note but sometimes it ends up linking to the alias.

I’ve disabled the agents while I’m actively working so there is a work-around. I have zero understanding of how agents actually work but I’m guessing it might have something to do with the timing of when an agent is actually running. Or I could be completely off on that.

Thanks for all your help!!

1 Like

Yes, zip links will link to the first note they find, which might be an alias. I agree that a link to the original would often be preferable.

As you type the zip link, the list of matching destinations appears. Hover over a destination to see its full path; that will let you choose the intended target.

This will also be better in the next release.

2 Likes

Thanks!!