Aeon Timeline import/export

Nice. One of the issues I’ve been thinking on is how, especially if new to export and the app—to deal with formatting of various data types. I now realise aTbRef lacks a full list telling you what you get, by default using ^value()^. It is covered in part here, but there have been newer data types the since article was first written. The article’s ‘last edited’ date of today is just me fixing a (now obvious) typo, but—note to self—that page needs a review.

Anyway, that reflection suggests to me that it might be useful to make a collection of per-data-type sub-routines for ‘default’ transforms of exported defaults.

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing. I shall enjoy looking through that in slow time.

It also makes me think it might be using to have a demo sub-forum for AppleScripts as, even if the task is not related to the user’s current task, scripts can provide valuable general syntax ideas for others.

Slick. Pasted results into Numbers, exported as a .csv and imported that into AT2 and the results displayed as expected. Many thanks, lots of time saved.

1 Like

Happily endorse the ideas of aTbRef having a full list telling you what you get, especially in the context of enabling the user to tell the app what the user wants (to the extent this is practicable) and making a collection of per-data-type sub-routines for ‘default’ transforms of exported defaults. As sumnerg said, the script approach is portable across Tinderbox documents so it doesn’t have to be recreated or copied each time another Tinderbox document is used. Important point to justify making the per-data-type sub-routines.

1 Like

Indeed, I just have to carve out some time for testing. Testing trumps assumption/memory every time. the writing up takes less time. But, it’s on my to-do list for aTbRef9.

I’ve added a new aTbRef note, here, that mentions transform—if any—made by ^value()^ when exporting different data types.