I almost always use Tinderbox to brainstorm topics and projects in order to figure out what I need to do, and then I track the actual project/tasks in Omnifocus. I wanted to automate the process of creating an Omnifocus project from a note, and copy/pasting reciprocal links between Omnifocus and Tinderbox.
- Creates a new project in Omnifocus named after the currently selected Tinderbox note of the frontmost open Tinderbox document.
- The “Notes” field of the new Omnifocus project contains the “$NoteURL” from the Tinderbox note.
- The Omnifocus project’s “task URL” is copied to the Tinderbox note’s “$URL”
- The Tinderbox Note’s “$KeyAttributes” is changed to “$URL;” (Note: I don’t bother with $KeyAttributes for this kind of brainstorming. If you don’t want a note’s $KeyAttributes replaced, you will have to modify this or delete the relevant line).
- The script colors the Tinderbox note (I just love that “poppy” color!) and gives it a badge so I can identify which notes I have added to Omnifocus.
Hopefully posting this helps anyone who has been looking for similar functionality in their workflow.