Are there any other Downloadable PDF Help manuals other than the native one by Eastgate?

Hello,

Note - I have returned to Tinderbox after a couple of years, so got rustly with simple stuff like keyboard shortcuts.

I am inspired by LLM models and am wondering this time around I can learn Tinderbox faster. So I am using a LLM model to chat with the native help manual provided by Eastgate. But it is not giving me enough answers.

Would you guys know of any downloadable Tinderbox tutorial other that the one provided by Eastgate?

Just an image of me chatting with the Tinderbox manual below.

how about: A Tinderbox Reference File

1 Like

Get The Tinderbox Way by @eastgate - an invaluable resource and learning primer.

3 Likes

I heartily endorse what @archurhh says about The Tinderbox Way. I’m now on my third or fourth reading of this, and am finding new material on almost every page. It’s valuable not only as a learning primer but also as a source of content whose application isn’t apparent on first reading.

1 Like

Though aTbRef is written for use as an online resource, there is a copy ‘printed’ as a single PDF that your chatbot might find more useful: https://www.shoantel.com/acrobatfaq.com/atbref95/A%20Tinderbox%20ReferenceTinderbox%20v9.5.2.pdf. Because of all the listings used in the website, it means the PDF has occasional pages and pages of listing, but then print isn’t the designed output. But it might be good for the Chatbot.

Looking at the screengrabs, if you are trying to find out about shortcuts look at Reverse Look-up Map. By the way the answer to the tab pane focus shift is [Tab]+[Opt] which toggles input focus: $Text → first Displayed Attribute (if any) → main view → $Text.

I think( from the screen grab) the last version of PDF of app Help was the v9.2.0 version you have. I say that as I made it: it is made in a similar way to the aTbRef PDF but requires access to the source TBX file that makes Help.

Also in the TB app, and opened via the Help menu are two further help/training PDFs “Getting started in Tinderbox” and “Actions and Dashboards”.

1 Like

Over the last couple of years we’ve/I’ve been creating and curating a ton of videos that they may find useful: Mastering Tinderbox: Training Videos (Complete List). If you have a specific project ide, please create a thread about it and we can guide you through it.

1 Like

ok, got this file. Will chat with it.

On a lighter note, I had to ask bing chat to explain your post to me. (addicted to chats)

No creating a thread is too consuming. Watching a video is also time intensive activity. In no way I am saying the resources you have created aren’t useful.

But I prefer to chat my way through for learning.

Excellent, trying to upload this to my chatbot to process. Thanks a bunch again.

Tight budgets! Might get it later, but trying to use the free resources whatever available. appreciate the recommendation :pray:

Yes, using the PDF of the same. As chats are so far only PDF accessible as web scraping is still a dirty topic.

FWIW, aTbRef’s TBX and images are offered for download and all content is under a Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International — CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 licence. You can always download those and make a local website and scape that: the licence doesn’t stop re-use of the info and scraping your own hard drive isn’t leeching of anyone’s server :).

Or you can print the TBX to PDF - see note (in the TBX, not on the website) ‘print-export-source notes’. note that unless you can purge an old PDF from the LLM, you might want to hold off on the latter as v9.6.0 should be with us soon. I just checked and there are 109 new/changed pages + over 60 changes/fixes not explicitly marked but summarised in the change log.

Your approach is quite interesting. When ChatGPT was first out, I asked it about Tinderbox and was unimpressed as most answers seemed to come for Adobe [sic] Creative Suite documentation. Clearly using a closely curated LLM, albeit smaller, means the LLM isn’t polluted with irrelevant material: asking about Tinderbox doesn’t involve knowing all of Wikipedia, for instance, nor about other software in general.

Is there an article/link explaining how you make such a private LLM model? Is it free or only paid use?

I’d be interested to know if there are questions to which you can’t get answers. Why? The problem might be too small a model. But, sometimes I see issues where the way in which the user phrases their question or the terminology used is the impediment, and this helps point people to the right information—or add new articles if needed.

I am using a paid service at 5.99 USD called chatDoc.com, it is brilliant if you card gets accepted by the Chinese banks. :face_with_peeking_eye:

So far it is working rather well

I might maintain a logbook on the questions which were coherently not answered, but my patience is rather thin. Let me see, I won’t promise.

1 Like

For the timebeing I am using the PDF link you provided earlier. I have no knowledge of scraping so will pass the offer :slight_smile:

Yes, the whole idea is to curate the information which you feed in to your personal LLM bot.

I am still on version 9.2.1 so no hurry :slight_smile:

Thanks, useful feedback. :+1:

1 Like

Already started maintaining a log of the answers which are wrong or not coherent. Will email you when I got some sizeable database for you.

1 Like

Yes please! The hardest part of writing a public resource is knowing where it unintentionally fails for the reader.

It will also be useful insight into the (in)ability of ChatGPT to parse information to the correct insight. A new skill for us all with be writing in a way that assists ‘AI’ understanding—given that code has no literal semantic understanding of written/spoken language. How that is to be done is a current journey of discovery. But a necessary one if people are—as it seems—going to migrate to using ‘chat’ type interaction, text or speech, with search resources.

1 Like