aTbRef v8.5.1 uploaded

Home page

Change log.

2 Likes

Hello,

When I download the source TBX and try to click on many of the links within a note for the first time WITHOUT first clicking inside the note somewhere, Tinderbox quits unexpectedly on macOS 10.15.3 using TB Version 8.5.1 (b437).

For example, try this random selection: Attributes->System Attribute List->Badge in the outline view, then click on either of the “pop-up menu” links in the note.

However, if I first do anything else inside the note, like simply click inside it, or right click on one of these “broken” links" (then immediately click off of it), all links start to work.

Alternatively, if I first click on a “working” link that doesn’t require you to click in the note first like “What’s new in v8” when you first open the file, I can then use other previously “broken” links.

Once the links are “fixed,” they seem to be fixed for good–at that point you can open and close the file and use them without issue until you delete the source file and unzip it again.

I am a complete novice with Tinderbox, so that’s all the farther I got in my investigation! I don’t know if this is something particular to the file/the way it was saved, or something particular with this build, so I didn’t know where to report it.

Take care,
Rob

I’m still on macOS 10.14.6 and can’t replicate this, either with the master (source) TBX or using a copy downloaded from the URL.

Please report crashes to formal tech support, info@eastgate.com, as this is just a user-to-user forum. For crash reports please also attach crash logs (how to find the crash logs).

To triage this further yourself:

• Does this happen in all files with text links, both old and new ones made by you?
  • If not, is there any commonality between docs that do crash and ones that don’t

Can a user on OS Catalina validate the crash scenario above?

I can replicate this crash on macOS Catalina 10.15.3 with Tinderbox 8.5.1(b437), and I’ve emailed the crash report to @eastgate.

Gabi

1 Like

Thanks, Gabi, for confirming, and thank you Mark for the correction.

Take care,
Rob

1 Like

I cannot reproduce this, using Catalina 10.15.3, aTbRef 8.5.1, and scrupulously following Rob Rothwell’s instructions.

Gabi sent a crash log that is somewhat obscure, but ultimately suggests that this might be an error in Catalina. We’re investigating with the experts.

1 Like

Sorry; the forum made me zip this: Tinderbox 8.5.1 (b437) crash with aTbRef-8.mp4.zip (317.8 KB)

I’ve emailed the crash log separately.

Potential clue — I cannot reproduce this with a fresh user account.