Common Words: don't forget it!

The Common Words pane of Get Info is one of the most overlooked corners of Tinderbox. It shows you the most common words in your document, in a section of your document, or in the notes you have selected.

Don’t forget that you can tear off the Get Info popover to make it a freestanding window. Plus, you can right-click the word cloud for a menu that lets you copy the word cloud to your clipboard and paste it into your word processor or image editor.

2 Likes

Is it possible to make a list of stop words not to be included?

1 Like

I believe the stop list in /Hints is respected by Common Words.

I just tried this - admittedly with a German text, but it doesn’t seem to work.
I put a number of stopwords into the Hints/stoplist (one per line, right?) and the word cloud neither changed not did it display changes when I recreated it.
Anything I need to do apart from filling that stoplist note with words?

Common Words still uses the old stoplist.txt, found in the Support Folder.

1 Like

Sorry where do I find the Support Folder and the /Hints? Are they in the Library folder on my computer?

The Application Support folder is inside the Library folder on your Mac. In it, you’ll find a folder labelled Tinderbox. There the stoplist.txt file should be placed.
See also stoplist.txt

File ▸ Built In Hints creates a container named Hints in your Tinderbox document, containing a variety of notes that help adapt Tinderbox to the ways you prefer to work.

The “Support Folder” is, in fact, in your Library; you can open it from the Tinderbox Help Menu.

And – sorry to be so helpless – in which folder then should the stoplist go?
Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 11.12.34 am

None of the above: at the top level. This will move to the Hints container of your Tinderbox document shortly.