Export map view

Hi Mark A. and Kanishka! This is quick reminder that BoxPress has been exporting users’ maps successfully since 2016. I wish I had seen this oversight earlier. I’ve been AWOL customizing BoxPress for academic use, where it’s gained some popularity.

Anyhow, BoxPress 2.2 is out and it’s got tons of new features.

BoxPress transforms your Tinderbox system into a compact hypermedia module that you can zip and email to friends and colleagues. You can send your creations to friends and family as a text message attachment (!) and they can start exploring your hypermedia adventure on their phone (using, e.g., Documents app).

BoxPress also gives you awesome control over page frame, layout, granularity, and styles. And it’s all done with pop-up menus and dashboards. There’s no coding required .

I know that many users don’t invest the time in map-making that they would like. They’re discouraged by the nagging knowledge that their clickable maps are trapped within the confines of Tinderbox. BoxPress brings relief from this vexing problem.

Check out the minutes-old (and very short) trailer for the new video tutorial series here: BoxPress 2020: Trailer - YouTube

Download BoxPress 2.2 here: MapsElf | BoxPress 2

Next week the video will show how you can export any maps you have already made.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thanks for this helpful work for the Tinderbox community. I well recall my confusion taking early steps in export.

I look forward to giving this a trial, as it looks very interesting, so thank you.

But can I respectfully suggest that you either turn down the volume of the music on your video or lose it completely? I found it almost impossible to understand what you were saying at times because of the competing background music. And as I sometimes point out to makers of videos, you have no idea what music a person might already be listening to when they open your video, or whether they happen to hate your taste in music. Then again, how many lectures have you attended that have background music? I think it would normally be considered an unnecessary distraction in that context, yet when people make videos they seem to think it is a good thing to put in music. This seems illogical to me! Sorry to go on at such length, but as a psychologist I often wonder about differing paradigms and how behaviour changes according to context.

Cheers!

1 Like