Feature Request - Sort Notes in Outline view without repositioning them in Map View

Hi - as the title suggests…

Would it be possible to permit sorting within Outline View, but at the root level? And for such sorting action to leave the Map View co-ordinates of Notes/Containers intact?

One of my tbx files has 50-ish root containers (and growing). It would really ease locating and navigating to specific Containers in order to to drop something in!

Sorting in Outline View can be made to work as described by @PaulWalters here - Sorting notes alphabetically - #19 by PaulWalters. Unfortunately, this solution ends up quasi-randomly repositioning the Notes and Containers when you revert to Map View.

Thanks,
Art

Sorting notes in outline view has no effect on their location in map view.

Manually moving notes to new containers naturally repositions them in their new map view.

That’s not the issue. The problem is that it not possible to select all (or, better approach, a selection) of notes in the root of a document. So to do that, one moves them into a container, which bungles the “root” map.

“Sort a selection of notes manually” would be helpful.

My mistake – I understand now

The problem is that it not possible to select all (or, better approach, a selection) of notes in the root of a document.

This is easy, of course; Edit -▸ Select All in a top level map.

But I understand the question now; we don’t have a good way to sort the top level.