How to uniformly adjust the size of all maps?

The size of four cards, how to adjust to the same size?

Thank you!

There are a few ways. You can do it manually with the inspector and quickstamp or rt. mouse click and select get info. You can then adjust the height and width of a note.

The other way is to use a Prototype. You can create a prototype and then assign that to your notes. Your notes will the inherit the width and height, color, etc. from the prototype.

Hve you seen my videos: Mastering Tinderbox: Training Videos (Complete List)?

Take a look at this one: Tinderbox Training Video 04 - Getting started with prototypes.

The other way is to use a Prototype. You can create a prototype and then assign that to your notes. Your notes will the inherit the width and hight, color, etc. from the prototype.

This works well for most things, but $Width and $Height aren’t inheritable.

There are nice guides for making nearby notes the same size. But if you want (say) a bunch of notes to be 3 × 5, then a stamp action is great.

$Width=5; $Height=3;

This is because they are ‘intrinsic’ attributes. See more on intrinsic attributes.

You can also align or resize selections of notes. There a lot of controls for this on the menu View ▸ Arrange. When working with a selection it is the first item selected that is used as the example size/position when aligning or re-sizing to match.

I use two stamps to copy dimensions between a prototype and notes.

// Set dimensions from Prototype //

// Normal Note //
if (!$IsPrototype & $Prototype) {
	$Height=$Height($Prototype);
	$Width=$Width($Prototype);
};

// Alias of Prototype //
if ($IsPrototype & $IsAlias) {
	$Height=$Height(original);
	$Width=$Width(original);
};
// Set dimensions of Prototype //

// Normal Note //
if (!$IsPrototype & $Prototype) {
	$Height($Prototype)=$Height;
	$Width($Prototype)=$Width;
};

// Alias of Prototype //
if ($IsPrototype & $IsAlias) {
	$Height(original)=$Height;
	$Width(original)=$Width;
};

This Tinderbox shows how I use the stamps, I’ve found the usage of aliases of prototypes very useful. The stamps don’t work with a prototype’s original note (only with its alias).

Prototype dimensions.tbx.zip (73.2 KB)

Thank you. I used stmaps to solve the problem

1 Like