Import notes from another Tinderbox document

This is basic, but I can’t figure it out.

How I can import a note from another Tinderbox document? I tried to drag and drop but it doesn’t work. To drop the document, like if it was an OPML file, but it doesn’t work. Do I have to export it?

Best,

Roberto

I’ve just used copy-paste. (Select the notes in one document; Cmd-C copy; go other document; Cmd-V paste.)

I’m doing these between documents that already have similar structures – prototypes etc, so it may be more complicated in other circumstances. But works fine for me in that situation.

1 Like

If you copy some notes to paste in another document that does not contain the same templates or prototypes as the first document, the copy and past the prototypes and templates first. Or just duplicate the first document and delete what you don’t want in the new copy.

How much you need to copy sort of depends on circumstances, but as @JFallows says, copy/paste is your friend.

1 Like

FWIW, because some older references may imply so, IIRC pre the v6 app redesign the old (Carbon) frameworks did allow notes to be drag dropped. However, this no longer the case.

See more here and here.

it’s so easy! Thanks a lot.