Is Tinderbox 8.06 compatible with the Apple 10.15 release?<strike> [yes, to best of our knowledge]</strike>

I ask because the Park Link functionality no longer seems to be working properly. I sent a message to support describing my experiences. In general, all of the parked links contained within a note disappear after clicking on any one of them.

We’ve not been able to reproduce the issue yet (see your email) but it may be that we’re talking about different things. (A parking space can only contain one link…)

I am experiencing the exact same issue.

I get this error every time I click on any link: App could not be opened.
Then the link disappears. Also, all the links in the rest of the file are quickly disappearing as well. As you can imagine, this is a rather destructive problem.

I imagine it must have something to do with the relocation of apps to the System folder.

Please send a sample document to tech support: info@eastgate.com

Done. The file has just 2 notes. I tried to link one to the other. The problem happens on every document (old or new) even after a fresh install (delete everything related to tinderbox I could find in the Library folder).

We’re on the case. Thanks for the heads-up.

1 Like

A last-minute change in Catalina fouls up text links in Tinderbox 8.0.6 . We expect to have an update shortly.

1 Like

We’ve got a fix for this en route to backstage

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance, but what does this mean? Is this a sort of silent update?

Or does it simply means that there is work being done on the matter?

Sorry!

We have a Backstage Program for people who want access to the very latest experimental builds, and who want to discuss experimental features. Tinderbox: Tinderbox Backstage

If all goes well, the re-engineering text links will be available tonight (Eastern Standard Time) backstage. It’s likely to take a few more days for full release, though we’ll do that as soon as we possibly can.

Aha! Thanks for the clarification. I thought I was facing some sort of previously unknown technical or idiomatic expression.

I’m afraid I’ll have to live with the bug a few more days.

Mark, you mentioned in today’s Tinderbox 8.1.0 announcement email, “Tinderbox 8.1 is required for macOS Catalina and it’s recommended for everyone.” I saved a simple file in 8.0.0 today, and reopened it minutes ago, seemingly successfully, all whilst running 10.15 Catalina.
So this came as a surprise, but I don’t see any elaboration here, nor there, on what makes it required for use with 10.15 – please link if that info is available already! Appreciatively,

Older versions of Tinderbox are not compatible with Catalina, which fails to recognize their text links.

Tinderbox 8.1 adopts a new approach to managing text links and is compatible with Catalina.